Archive

Archive for the ‘WordPress Plug-ins’ Category

How to Embed houzz.com Articles & Ideabooks in Self-Hosted WordPress Posts & Pages

August 13th, 2012 Comments off
Whew! That is a long title. I felt that I needed to get all those words in there because this issue put me in a pickle this morning. So how do you embed Articles and Ideabooks from houzz.com in you self-hosted WordPress site? Unfortunately WordPress does not allow you to do this without a plugin […]

Nailing Down Slow Performance in WordPress

October 1st, 2010 Comments off
Going over the reasons why WordPress may be running slow. Includes checking your plugins, setting up caching, and looking at your web host.

Still Trying to Troubleshoot FeedWordPress Issues

July 8th, 2009 Comments off
Unfortunately the last few updates to the FeedWordPress plugin have not fixed the issues that I have been having. What is going on is that the meta data is not being pulled in to the individual posts when automatically searching for feeds and therefore it is not linking back to the original post. I have [...] No related posts.

Why I Really Like WordPress 2.8

June 22nd, 2009 Comments off
I have been slowly updating the sites that run WordPress over the last week or so and have started to really love WordPress 2.8. The reason for this sudden burst of affection are a couple of new features that version 2.8 introduced. The first feature that I really like is the ability to upload themes and [...] No related posts.

FeedWordPress – One Step Closer to Fixing My Problem

June 17th, 2009 Comments off

So I posted the issue that I am having about the automatic update not pulling in the meta data for each post over on the official FeedWordPress site. I haven’t received a reply yet but in all fairness it is a free plugin so I would not necessarily expect to get an answer.

With that I setup another site really quick with a fresh install of WordPress 2.8 and the 2009.0613 version of FeedWordPress. I then setup my Twitter RSS feed to populate it and low and behold the automatic update pulled in all of the necessary meta data and linked back to the original source. This means that there must be something screwy with my install of the plugin but I am not quite sure what it is.

My options at this point are:

  1. Uninstall the plugin and hopefully it will delete itself completely from my WordPress db and then reinstall it.
  2. Kill the whole WordPress DB , delete the plugin, reinstall WordPress and the Plugin, re-import all my posts, and reconfigure FeedWordPress.

I am really hoping that option 1 will work. I guess I will find out in the next day or so. I will update when I find out what it took to fix it.

Related posts:

  1. FeedWordPress Problems – It’s Got to Be Me, Not You

FeedWordPress Problems – It’s Got to Be Me, Not You

June 16th, 2009 Comments off
I have been using the plugin FeedWordPress for quite a while now to aggregate all of the feeds for all on my sites together into a single feed. From there I take that feed and then repost it back on each site. This way I get some cool cross-pollination between all on my sites. You can [...] Related posts:
  1. FeedWordPress – One Step Closer to Fixing My Problem

Fixing FeedWordPress PermaLinks to the Original Website

March 9th, 2009 Comments off

feedwordpressWith the recent upgrade of the syndication plug-in FeedWordPress that I use on my network.idano.net syndication site the links on the articles were no longer linking back to the original website. A few people had noted this issue on the comments thread but no one provided any solutions. Because the network.idano.net website was linking back to itself I was not getting the SEO and cross linking advantage that was intended. In fact there was a possibility that I could be penalized because of duplicate content.

To fix the issue I deactivated and deleted the plug-in on my network.idano.net website and then re-uploaded the plug-in. This included the MagpieRSS-upgrade rss.php and rss-functions.php files that needed to be uploaded to the wp-includes folder as well. Once that was done I cleared the cache in my browser and re-activated the plug-in.

From there I did a test post and manually had the FeedWordPress plugin check for a new post from that site. The plugin found the post and when I checked the Permalink it linked back to the original website like it was supposed to. Unfortunately it did not update the previous posts.

To correct the rest of the posts I went into my syndicated site and deleted the posts that had the incorrect linking. From there I went in and had the plug-in update from all of the syndicated sites. It found all of the posts that I had deleted, added them, and properly linked them back to the original sites.

Problem fixed. Case closed :-) .